Welcome to my site
My name is Giorgia Aloisio: I am a psychologist and member of Ordine degli Psicologi del Lazio (local psychologists association). I specialize in psychotherapy and I work with adolescents and adults.
I also work with people with hearing and visual impairment (deaf, blind and deafblind people).
I know LIS (Italian Sign Language) and I can speak English fluently.
To arrange a consultation or for any enquiry write to me at email@example.com
or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call me on +39 328 01 94 286. I work in Rome, in the area of Nomentana, Corso Trieste (underground B1, “Libia” ) and Parioli.
1994-1995: Volunteering for an autistic child
1999: Volunteering for psychological support at Rebibbia Jail (Rome)
2003: Degree in Psychology at La Sapienza (Rome): experimental thesis on homophobia in Italy (Prof. Vittorio Lingiardi).
From 2003 until today: Collaboration with non-profit associations aimed at integrating people with sensory impairment and working with disabled students (blind, deaf, deaf-blind) in the city of Rome. Knowledge of Italian Sign Language and Braille. I also collaborated with Mason Perkins Deafness Fund and Roberto Wirth Fund – CABSS.
2005: Qualification as a psychologist and a member of “Ordine degli Psicologi del Lazio” (local psychologists association).
2006-2009: Training as a psychologist at Forlanini Hospital (Rome) and at the Mental Health Department of ASL Roma/H (Ciampino).
From 2009: Specialization in Psychoanalytical Psychotherapy. Private practice in Rome.
2010: Collaboration with some websites dedicated to health and drafting of psychological articles published online (www.sanihelp.it , www.italiasalute.it , www.nienteansia.it, www.bbprofessional.com ). Articles can be read in Italian at the page “New articles published” on this website.
Since 2011: Moderator of online forums dedicated to psychological issues
2013: With two colleagues I founded Non Solo Psicologia, a blog dedicated to psychological topics.
2015: Second Degree in Philosophy at Roma Tre University.
Since 2016: volounteer at Non-Catholic Cemetery, Rome (Piramide).
2019: training course at A.I.P.G. to get a certification as a court expert and consultant.
2019: advanced training course in Psychological First Aid at Sapienza University (Rome), faculty of Medicine and Psychology.
Publications (Italian only)
- Book review: Paure della contemporaneità
- Book review: Per un sapere dei sensi, by Domenico Chianese & Andreina Fontana
- Book review: Esperienze. Corpo, visione, parola nel lavoro psicoanalitico, by Lucio Russo
- A proposito del disagio giovanile, by G. Godino, Edizioni Alpes Italia, Roma, 2010.
- Quaderni di psicoterapia, “Sogno e psicopatologia”, Edizioni Alpes Italia, Roma, 2010.
- Quaderni di psicoterapia, coautrice di uno degli articoli contenuti in “Lutto, abbandono e processo terapeutico”, Edizioni Alpes Italia, Roma, 2010.
- Introduzione alla sindrome di Usher, translation English-Italian, Edizioni Kappa, Roma, 2007.